Heart Strong Turkey Chili is great for our heart and it is so mouth watering and delicious; also we can use 90 percent lean Ground Beef (note it would take longer to cook the Beef-20 minutes or more until no pink is showing). Kristie Leong MD said, “A bowl of hot Chili is the ultimate comfort food. Some people think that something that tastes so good could not possibly be good for you. Not so with Chili. If you make at home, Chili can be a nutritious dish that also satisfies the soul“. “Health Benefits of Chili: It’s Heart Healthy”.
Some Health Benefits of Turkey Chili:
1. Ten grams of Fibre (more 1/3 days fibre in 1 cup).
2. It may help prevent cancer.
3. It gives us better blood sugar control (a good choice for diabetics).
4. Vitamin C
5. Tumeric gives us anti-inflammatory benefits.
6. Lower in calorie than beef.
7. Turkey Chili with Beans (made from scratch) has about 220 calories per 247g serving and 8 grams of fat.
8. 25 grams of protein.
My sources are my own observance and my own original recipe and Live Strong and the Mayo Clinic.
Heart Strong Turkey Chili:
Goya Kidney Beans dry in a package 3 cups
Goya Black Beans dry in a package 2 cups
Goya Pinto Beans dry in a package 3 cups
USDA Organic Chile Peppers 1 ½
Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup
USDA Organic Red Onions 2 small
USDA Organic Red Peppers 2
USDA Organic Garlic 6 cloves
USDA Organic Tomatoes on the Vine 6
Ground Turkey 3lbs (Breast and Thigh)
Tomato Sauce 3 cups
Tomato Paste ½ cup
Chicken Broth 1 cup
Stevia Sugar 2 tablespoons
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt 2 tablespoons
Chili Powder 3 tablespoons
Paprika 2 tablespoons
Cayenne Pepper 2 tsp
Cumin 1 tablespoon
Tumeric 2 tablespoons
Black Pepper 2 tsp
Black Pepper that you freshly ground 1 tsp
Cheddar cheese as a Garnish
Saltine Crackers ¾ of a box
1. Rinse and then Soak all the beans separately in large bowls that are covered in the refrigerator overnight.
Cook on medium flame for 1 hour (please, set the timer) in a large pot filled with water and add a light pour of Olive Oil and a sprinkle of salt. Partially drain but leave a good amount of liquid.
2. Fill a small bowl with cold water and put the Chile Peppers in to soak for 20 minutes. Remove the stems and seeds and rinse with cold water,
3.Heat the Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat. Turn off your flame while you add items and turn back on after you added them.
4. Add your rinsed with cold water and diced on your cutting board Onions, Chile Peppers, Red Peppers, Garlic and Tomatoes caramelize about 8-10 minutes(please, set your timer).
5. Next, add your turkey and slowly stir for about 5 minutes (please, set your timer) and cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
6.Add the Sauce and Paste and stir for 4 minutes (please, set your timer). And add your Chicken Broth.
7. Add the Chili Powder, Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Sea Salt or Kosher Salt, Stevia Sugar, Black Pepper and the one you freshly ground. Stir in the already cooked Beans and their liquid lower the heat to a low flame and cook, uncovered for at least 1 hour stir gently ocassionally (please, set your timer).
8.Sprinkle Shredded Cheddar on top.
9. Serve with Saltine Crackers.
It serves about 6 and I hope that all enjoy my original Heart Strong Turkey Chili! Please, shop at our Heart Strong Smart Shop or Cancer Free; we have the best Sea Salt or Kosher Salt and a nice cup of herbal tea would go nicely after the Chili.
Thanking-You, Barbara Iris Alsieux, the Founder and the Owner of Parental World Knowledge!